Course Summary
Credit Type:
ACE Exam Number:
3 hours
Dates Offered:
Credit Recommendation & Competencies
Level Credits (SH) Subject
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 6 Italian language for a score of 3
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 9 Italian language for a score of 4
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 12 Italian language for a score of 5


The AP Italian Language and Culture Exam assesses student understanding of the skills and learning objectives outlined in the course framework. The exam is just over 3 hours long and includes 65 multiple-choice questions and 4 free-response questions. The details of the exam, including exam weighting and timing, can be found below: Section I. Multiple Choice, 65 questions, 50% of score, 95 minutes Part A: Interpretive Communication: Print Texts (30 questions, 23% of score, 40 minutes) Part B: Interpretive Communication: Print and audio texts combined and audio texts (35 questions, 27% of score, 55 minutes) Section II. Free-response, 4 questions, 50% of score, 88 minutes Question 1: Email Reply (12.5% of score, 15 minutes) Question 2: Argumentative Essay (12.5% of score, 55 minutes) Question 3: Conversation (12.5% of score) & Question 4: Cultural Comparison (12.5% of score); 18 minutes combined

Skills Measured:

The Exam assesses themes and skills developed in each of the six units: Families in Different Societies; The Influence of Language and Culture on Identity; Influences of Beauty and Art; How Science and Technology Affect Our Lives; Factors That Impact the Quality of Life; and Environmental, Political, and Societal Challenges
Instruction & Assessment
Supplemental Materials

Other offerings from College Board Advanced Placement® (AP®) Examinations