College Credit for Students and Learners


ACE Learning Evaluations empowers students and independent learners. We believe in the transformative power of education and its ability to unlock new opportunities.

Through ACE Learning Evaluations, learners can receive college credit recommendations. Students may be eligible if they have participated in:

  • Military service
  • Workplace training
  • Apprenticeships
  • Standardized exams
  • Other experiential learning beyond the classroom
Using ACE recommendations may allow learners to:

  • Save money on tuition and benefits.
  • Speed up academic progress toward a degree or certificate.
  • Build professional skills and qualify for new employment opportunities.

Explore the resources on this page to learn about the programs we evaluate, access transcripts, or visit our help centers.

Getting Started

Many colleges award academic credit for knowledge gained outside of traditional college classes. This is often referred to as credit for prior learning (CPL).

You can get credit for work experience, military service, and other experiential learning. Then you can apply these credits towards college or university degrees or certificates.

The ACE National Guide and ACE Military Guide list college credit recommendations. These includes experiences and courses offered by:

  • Companies
  • Nonprofits
  • Government agencies
  • Apprenticeships
  • Online course providers

Search the ACE National Guide for our college credit recommendations and learning experience summaries. You can search by your interests and career goals.

Are you a veteran or servicemember? Search the ACE Military Guide for our college credit recommendations and detailed summaries for occupations and formal courses offered by the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard. Upload a copy of your Joint Services Transcript (JST) to see the credit you've already obtained.

Getting Transcripts

Transcripts are official documents that are part of an educational record. Colleges and universities use transcripts to offer transfer credit. This can be applied towards a degree or certificate.

If you’ve completed training or courses that carry ACE credit recommendations, you may have a transcript available that officially documents your credit for prior learning (CPL).​

Each college or university has established transfer credit policies. These describe the amount, type, documentation, and deadlines for awarding transfer credit. Learners are responsible for understanding the college or university transfer policy about CPL.

Are you ready to view your records or send a transcript request to a college or university? Visit the Transcripts page to learn more.

Getting Help

Visit our Help Centers for information, frequently asked questions, and resources. Find out about:

  • Receiving ACE credit recommendations
  • Accepting and using ACE transcripts and badges
  • Applying credits to educational and employment opportunities

 Untitled ‭[2]‬

​ACE National Guide Help Center

Find answers to frequently asked questions and contact our team through the ACE National Guide Help Center.

National Guide Help Center

 Untitled ‭[1]‬

ACE ​Military Guide Help Center

Are you a veteran or servicemember? Find answers to frequently asked questions and contact our team through the ACE Military Guide Help Center.

Military Guide Help Center