The webinar provided recommendations to help institutions prepare for the U.S. Supreme Court’s second decision in Fisher v. University of Texas at Austin, which is expected by late June 2016 if not sooner.
Questions that were explored:
- What are the issues at play in the case – and how might they extend to institutions beyond the University of Texas?
- What are the possible outcomes of the case?
- What should institutions be doing now to prepare?
- What might institutions need to do in response?
- What resources and supports already exist and what is being planned that can inform planning on my campus?
The webinar featured Art Coleman, Co-Managing Partner at EducationCounsel; Lorelle Espinosa, Assistant Vice President for ACE’s Center for Policy Research and Strategy; Brad Quin, Executive Director of Higher Education Advocacy and Special Initiatives at The College Board; and Terri Taylor, Senior Legal & Policy Advisor at EducationCounsel.
The webinar is hosted by the College Board’s Access & Diversity Collaborative, the American Council on Education, and EducationCounsel.