While the deadline has passed to apply for the 16th cohort of the Internationalization Laboratory, campus leaders still may be wondering: Are there other resources to help jumpstart internationalization? CIGE's Internationalization Toolkit could be your answer.
The Center for Internationalization and Global Engagement’s (CIGE) Internationalization Toolkit is a collection of examples of policies, programs, surveys, and information from participants in the Laboratory and other institutions.
Organized according to the six aspects of the CIGE Model for Comprehensive Internationalization, the Toolkit’s resources are provided as models for other colleges and universities as they pursue their internationalization goals.
The Toolkit includes:
Articulated Institutional Commitment & Administrative Structure
- Institutional mission statements and strategic plans that emphasize internationalization as a priority, plus more specific internationalization plans.
- Information on forming internationalization committees and assessing internationalization.
Curriculum, Co-Curriculum, and Learning Outcomes
- Examples of general education and foreign language requirements with a global component.
- Resources to support course-level curriculum internationalization and the development of internationalized majors, minors, and special programs.
- Tools for assessing student global learning.
- Examples of globally focused co-curricular programs.
Faculty Policies and Practices
- Internationalized tenure and promotion guidelines.
- Examples of:
- Programs that promote faculty mobility, including U.S. government programs.
- Faculty-student international research initiatives.
- Award and grant programs to support faculty mobility and curriculum internationalization.
- Examples of institution-sponsored education abroad programs and major-specific study abroad guides.
Collaboration and Partnerships
- Examples of partnership programs and sample agreements.
- Documents related to global engagement planning and policies.
- Resources for tracking partnerships and agreements.
For more information about applying to next year's cohort of the Laboratory, please email CIGE@acenet.edu.