The general counsel’s office plays a central role in managing high-profile incidents on campus, both in ensuring institutional preparedness and guiding institutional response.
The National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), in cooperation with ACE, will hold a webinar Oct. 25 to assist counsel and other administrators in understanding their role and how to prepare for major institutional crises.
Topics will include:
- Attributes and early recognition of incidents with large financial and/or reputational risks
- Policies and procedures that should be in place
- Immediate incident response
- Organizing and conducting necessary investigations
- Communication with key constituencies
- Special governance issues
Speakers include Pamela J. Bernard, vice president and general counsel of Duke University (NC), and Stephen D. Sencer, senior vice president and general counsel of Emory University (GA). The two-hour program will include 30 minutes for questions from registrants.