Department chairs, division heads, program directors and unit leaders should register promptly for the March 1-2 ACE Leadership Academy for Department Chairs in Dallas. The two-day workshop will help prepare department chairs for their roles as academic leaders in their programs and institutional leaders contributing to the larger mission of their colleges or universities.
Limited space is available, so interested participants should click here to register before the Feb. 14 deadline.
Participants will engage in large and small group discussions about key leadership issues amid the changing landscape of higher education and leave the workshop with practical solutions for common challenges, including:
- Managing conflicts over hiring, tenure review and institutional policy;
- Developing an atmosphere that promotes student learning and success;
- Handling institutional governance processes;
- Exploring how departmental budgets are impacted by institutional policies; and
- Creating a culture that embraces diversity among faculty.
Team discounts are available for multiple registrations from the same institution. After the first participant registers at full price, each additional registrant from the same institution qualifies for a $50 discount.
For more information and to inquire about the discount, please email ACELeadership@acenet.edu or call 202-939-9420.