At no time has the relationship between the chief academic officer (CAO) and the chief business officer (CBO) mattered more to the effective leadership of colleges and universities. However, they often come from different backgrounds, have different experiences, and have different understandings of the levers and limits of their jobs. As a result, they find themselves face-to-face trying to bridge different cultures.
To help better understand and support this important relationship, ACE and the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) will bring together CAOs and CBOs for a two-day workshop on how to build successful partnerships and meet current institutional challenges.
The 2017 event, “CAO and CBO Collaborations: Working Together for Student Success,” will be held Aug. 7-8 in Washington, DC.
The action-based workshop focuses on the dynamics between CBOs and CAOs and will help them develop solutions to the obstacles they face individually and collectively. The program will also help participants identify strategies that build relationships and improve the ability to achieve institutional goals.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jacalyn A. Askin, Senior Fellow, Finance & Campus Management, NACUBO
- Catharine Bond Hill, Managing Director, ITHAKA
- Connie Book, Provost and Dean of the College, The Citadel (SC)
- Susan Brennan, Associate Vice President, University Career Services, Bentley University (MA)
- Kevin Kruger, President, NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- Rose Martinelli, Director, Huron Education, Huron Consulting Group
- Dawn M. Rhodes, Chief Business & Finance Officer and Vice President, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Leona Sevick, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Bridgewater College (VA)
- Peter Stokes, Managing Director, Huron Consulting Group
- Timothy S. Tracy, Provost, University of Kentucky
- Mitchell L. Wein, Senior Vice President for Finance, Chief Administrative Officer and Treasurer, Haverford College (PA)
Institutions are encouraged to send their CAO and CBO as a team in order to receive a discount. For more information and to register for the workshop, click here. Space is limited, so interested participants should register via NACUBO’s website before the June 1 early bird discount deadline.
For questions, please contact ACE Leadership via email at ACELeadership@acenet.edu.