Leading Internationalization in Financially Challenging Times: Building the Innovative Campus
The Internationalization Collaborative is a broad network of institutions that are committed to accelerating internationalization on their campuses. For the past decade, the Collaborative has met annually in order to share models of good practice and bring together colleagues from across the nation. All ACE member institutions are welcome to participate.
The theme of the 2014 Collaborative was "Leading Internationalization in Financially Challenging Times: Building the Innovative Campus." The 2014 Collaborative was co-sponsored with the Association for International Education Administrators (AIEA), and met in conjunction with the AIEA Annual Conference.
Colleges and universities are feeling the need for expanded internationalization at the same time they are experiencing dwindling resources and mounting public critiques of higher education. In this atmosphere, campus leaders, senior international officers, and faculty must collaborate to develop international programs that are innovative, cost-effective, and consistent with institutional goals.
Over the course of a single day, the 2014 Collaborative brought together presidents, provosts, chief financial officers, SIOs, institutional development officials, and faculty to address a range of connected issues:
- The forces that drive institutional priorities, revenue streams, and resource allocation
- The returns on investments in internationalization (financial and otherwise)
- Faculty energy and innovation as a critical resource for internationalization
- Developing effective strategies for generating and retaining new financial resources for internationalization
- Positioning internationalization to be part of the solution to broad institutional challenges
Download the agenda (PDF) 1 MB.
Please direct questions about the Collaborative and this page to: email@example.com