This issue brief answers the following key questions about private student loan borrowers:
- What types of academic programs and institutions do private student loan borrowers
- What is the demographic profile of undergraduate private student loan borrowers and
how do these students differ from those who don’t use these loans?
- What other types of financial aid—especially federal student loans—do private
- What share of students forgo federal student loans and rely exclusively on private loans?
- What factors might help explain this behavior?