Department chairs, division heads, program directors and unit leaders can now register for two upcoming ACE Leadership Academy for Department Chairs sessions. These two-day workshops prepare department chairs for their roles as academic leaders in their programs and institutional leaders contributing to the larger mission of their colleges or universities.
- July 19-20: Herndon, VA (just outside of Washington, DC)
- Oct. 18-19: TBD, Midwest (opening soon)
The program consistently reaches capacity, so reserve your space promptly. If you would like to be informed when registration for the October program opens, please email ACELeadership@acenet.edu.
Participants will engage in large and small group discussions about key leadership issues amid the changing landscape of higher education and leave the workshop with practical solutions for common challenges, including:
- Managing conflicts over hiring, tenure review and institutional policy;
- Developing an atmosphere that promotes student learning and success;
- Handling institutional governance processes;
- Exploring how departmental budgets are impacted by institutional policies; and
- Creating a culture that embraces diversity among faculty.
Team discounts are available for multiple registrations from the same institution. After the first participant registers at full price, each additional registrant from the same institution qualifies for a $50 discount. Contact Connie Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for payment at the reduced rate.
For more information, please email ACELeadership@acenet.edu or call 202-939-9420.