What are CUP Regional Liaisons?
Regional Liaisons are seasoned college faculty and administrators who are subject matter area experts and experienced credit for prior learning practitioners. In support of increased postsecondary attainment, they engage in the following activities:
- Advance greater awareness, acceptance and application of credit for prior learning options, including ACE credit recommendations for military and corporate training.
- Provide customized resources, webinars and technical support to institutions.
- Build faculty networks that focus on quality assessments.
- Help create postsecondary pathways, partnerships, and programs.
Who are the ACE CUP Regional Liaisons?
Patricia Brewer, Ed.D. (PBrewer@acenet.edu), Midwest Region
- Earned a Doctoral Degree in Education with an emphasis in Adult and Continuing Education and is an active scholar-practitioner in adult higher education.
- Has 30 years of service in higher education, including research on first-generation college students, citizen engagement through public deliberation, and program planning and evaluation.
- Served as a peer reviewer for the Higher Learning Commission and past president of the Adult Higher Education Alliance.
Christopher Johnson, Ph.D. (CJohnson@acenet.edu), Western Region
- Earned a Doctoral Degree in Education with a concentration in Higher Education Leadership.
- Has 18 years of higher education experience, including holding positions as department chair and academic dean, developing curriculum at the undergraduate and graduate level, and teaching at two- and four-year levels in traditional, on-line, and hybrid formats.
- Served as an ACE faculty reviewer and national coordinator, independent reviewer for the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, and an exam reviewer for the College Board's Educational Testing Service.
Here are examples of groups the Regional Liaisons are assisting in the development and enhancement of credit for prior learning policies and practices:
- California State University System
- Colorado Community College System
- North Carolina Community College System and University of North Carolina System
- Tennessee Board of Regents and Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- Virginia Community College System
- Wisconsin Technical College System