ACE provides quality assurance and policy guidance for the Joint Services Transcript (JST) used by the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard.
More than 2,300 colleges and universities recognize these transcripts as official documentation of military training and experiences and applicable ACE credit recommendations.
Visit the Military Guide Frequently Asked Questions page for questions that may arise when using transcripts to evaluate and award credit. Service members with valid credit recommendations can request official transcripts through the related links provided on this page.
Archived Webinar: Using the Joint Services Transcript (JST) and ACE Military Guide
In this technical workshop, participants learned about the transcript process steps for service members, veterans, colleges and universities; reviewed sample JST transcripts; analyzed the JST leveraging the resources of the Military Guide; and discovered more about future initiatives with the JST. The archived webinar from August 2015 is available here.
The JST Operations staff is working on a number of enhancements to make the Joint Services Transcript more user friendly. Here are some of the highlights:
- Validate course completions on ACE exhibit start date versus the end date where a start date is provided by the Services.
- Load data for Army personnel back to 1971.
- Update the transcript history tab in the JST portal to show service members if the academic institutions have viewed electronically delivered transcripts.
- Remove DLPT credit recommendations from 11/11 to present and include note with the URL for the National Guide and DLI so service members know where to go to find credit.
- Include CLEP re-takes for the same exam for all dates taken.
Fiscal Year 2015:
- Move the Certifications/Licensing/Apprenticeship data from the academic institution page to a separate page and standardize the certification listings.
- Establish Report framework for services to receive online information concerning JST usage.
- Add ability for colleges to manage their own users.
- Sort transcript request history from newest to oldest.
- Add ACE version number to ACE exhibits on JST.
- Add Coast Guard locations (OPFACS) to course completions.
Samples of Transcripts