Thank you for agreeing to serve as an ACE Faculty Evaluator!
1. Once you are confirmed as a faculty evaluator for a specific review, you will receive an email with specific information about your trip, including budget codes, the closest airport and hotel reservations. Please do not make any travel arrangements until you receive this logistics email!
2. You will receive a Consultant Agreement and Conflict of Interest Certification via email for each trip. Please sign and return these forms within two days.
3. ACE uses a travel agency to coordinate flight arrangements, American Express One (800-872-9954). You will be asked to provide the four-digit budget code sent to you in the logistics email. ACE will be billed directly for your flight.
4. If you choose to book through another source, it must be approved FIRST. Arrangements made without prior approval may not be fully reimbursed. If you do not use American Express One, you are responsible for managing your own schedule changes, cancellations and other travel concerns.
5. Air travel must be coach or economy class. Your flight costs should not exceed $600. If your flight costs are more than $600, please seek approval from the Program Coordinator before booking and confirming.
6. All travel expenses must be submitted in advance for planning and budgeting purposes. Any changes to a confirmed itinerary must be pre-approved by the Program Coordinator.
7. If you want to drive, rather than fly, the cost of auto travel must not exceed the cost of airfare. Auto travel is reimbursed at a rate of $0.56 per mile, plus tolls and parking. You must submit a flight cost versus auto cost comparison to the Program Coordinator.
8. You will receive a Final Logistics email a few days before the review. This email will include details on arrivals and departures, the agenda, team information and any other expectations.
9. Policy Update
ACE Military Programs is a DoD contract client. Given the current culture of budget cuts, sequestration and furloughs, all travel is undergoing line-by-line analysis. The logistics email authorizes the specific defined scope of work, to include the budget and travel expectations. With that being said, ANY travel outside the scope of logistics must be itemized, justified, and approved in writing by our DoD contract BEFORE anything is booked or confirmed. We appreciate your support and commitment to the ACE review process and logistics expectations.
Conducting the Evaluation
1. Typically, evaluators wear business attire. If there are any exceptions, your ACE Program Coordinator will let you know when the trip is confirmed.
2. Your team will be guided by a National Coordinator. The National Coordinator's role is to ensure that the review process is thorough and of high quality.
3. Evaluators receive a per diem allowance, so you do not need to collect receipts for meals and incidentals. Incidentals are defined as taxes, service charges and customary tips.
4. The per diem allowance is a federal rate that is determined by the location of the review. On travel days, you will receive 75% of the per diem allowance. This information will be included in your logistics email.
If the host provides a meal, your per diem allowance will be reduced.
5. Do collect receipts for parking, hotel accommodations, rental cars, and baggage fees. ACE does not reimburse for mini-bar charges, movie rentals or other personal entertainment expenses.
Filing Your Travel Reimbursement Forms
1. You must complete and submit your travel reimbursement forms within 10 days after the review or payment may be forfeited. The forms are:
- Certificate of Time Worked
- Travel Expense Report
- W-9 Form (for new evaluators or those whose address has changed)
- Travel Policy for Government Related Travel (for military evaluations only)
2. The Travel Expense Report is an Excel file with two worksheets.
- Fill out the form, except for the areas in grey—we will complete those for you.
- Fill out the second sheet first (the itemized report of expenses) and it will automatically total your expenses and fill in the totals on the first sheet.
- Please remember to sign the front page and attach receipts for taxis, parking, rental car, baggage fees and hotel.
- When you enter the hotel cost, place the base rate of the hotel in the lodging column and the sum of room taxes and fees under the miscellaneous column.
3. Driving a personal vehicle is reimbursed at a rate of $0.56 per mile and must be pre-approved.
4. If you do not have a receipt for something, please attach an explanation.
5. If you are a new evaluator or if your address has changed, please submit a completed W-9 form.
6. You must complete and submit your travel reimbursement forms within 10 days after the review or you may not be reimbursed.
- For Military reviews submit to Jamie Flowers, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 202-833-5692.
- For CREDIT reviews submit to Jessica Sabo, by email: email@example.com or by fax: 202-833-3005.
7. You will receive your reimbursement via check or electronic funds transfer. If you would like to set up an electronic funds transfer, please contact your ACE Program Coordinator.
8. Please contact your ACE Program Coordinator if you have any questions.
If you would like to have ACE send a letter of commendation acknowledging your service as an evaluator, please use the Commendation Request Form (Word) and send it to the Program Coordinator.