The ACE Executive Search Roundtable was established in 1985 as a means of addressing the mutual interests of ACE and executive search firms in the continuing identification of talented leaders for our nation's colleges and universities.
The Roundtable exists to support ACE in its continuing efforts to:
- Improve the quality of leadership in higher education.
- Diversify leadership in terms of gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Promote the highest standards in the process of search and selection.
- Educate the higher education community about search processes with or without the use of consultants.
ESR members agree to:
- Subscribe to the highest standards of integrity and principles of quality, diversity, equity, and ethical practice.
- Affirm commitment to conducting equitable searches to foster diversity and the highest quality of leadership for the educational community.
- Assist candidates in understanding the role of the consultant in the search process.
- Ensure that client institutions provide search consultants and candidates with all relevant and current data, including financial information, that is needed in the search.
- Respect the confidentiality of clients and candidates and obtain client approval before sharing information.
The ESR is composed of organizations, both not-for-profit and for-profit, that specialize in higher education executive search. Member firms, and the consultants who represent them, serve colleges, universities, and related not-for-profit institutions and organizations by providing executive search, recruitment, and related consulting services to assist institutions in their searches for senior leadership positions.
Annual ACE Corporate Membership is required for all participating Executive Search Roundtable organizations.
Membership Dues and Term of Membership
Members of the Executive Search Roundtable are required to make an annual commitment to the ACE Corporate Membership program, based on their total full-time employees. An additional $250 annual dues fee is also required for specific affiliation with the Executive Search Roundtable. The membership term is 12 months, expiring on the anniversary date that the dues were received.
Benefits of the Executive Search Roundtable
In addition to the year-round recognition and benefits provided through the ACE Corporate Membership program, Executive Search Roundtable members additionally receive:
- Listing in an online executive search firm directory to include one primary contact, contact information, a link to the firm’s website, and a brief summary of the firm’s specialized searches; listings are searchable by specific search types.
- An ACE-hosted annual Executive Search Roundtable convening, held in conjunction with the ACE Annual Meeting, where search consultants can meet and network with colleagues from a broad range of firms; convening includes continental breakfast and lunch.
- Periodic invitations to serve as a panelist, mentor, and/or coach during select programs hosted by ACE Leadership.
- Use of the Executive Search Roundtable logo throughout the term of the firm’s membership.