This 6-month program is designed to further diversify the senior leadership ranks of U.S. higher education by preparing diverse senior level administrators from underrepresented groups to be strong candidates for presidencies and chancellorships in the near term. We are not currently planning to do a program in 2015.
During this program, participants will:
- Prepare for the presidential search process.
- Engage in generative dialogue about the nuances of the presidential search process through the lens of race and gender.
- Complete a leadership assessment and utilize its feedback to create a professional development plan; utilize assessment feedback, case study and team projects for experiential learning.
- Interact with presidential facilitators from diverse backgrounds and institutions for guidance in preparing for the search process and the presidency.
- Build a network of peers who share common concerns, experiences and career aspirations.
- Engage in small group and panel discussions on major issues that shape the landscape of U.S. higher education.
- Attend two 2-day meetings over an 6-month period.
- Participate in virtual meetings offered during the course of the program.
ACE is grateful to American Express for their generous support of this program.