The National Women's Leadership Forum is a 3-day interactive program that fosters discussions with women presidents and executive search consultants who help participants develop effective search strategies. The program is conducted 2 times during the year: June and December.
If you would like more information on the program, please email ACELeadership@acenet.edu.
The forums focus on:
- Honing critical leadership skills in areas such as fundraising, risk management, and crisis response
- Media training
- Developing an effective search strategy
- Practical training, including mock video-taped interviews and CV/resume critiques
- Gaining a better understanding of the search process through candid conversations with search firm executives
- Contract negotiation
- Gaining a better understanding of the inherent rewards and challenges of a presidency through exposure to outstanding women leaders who share their experiences and serve as role models
Who should attend
Senior-level women administrators (typically at the dean’s level or above) planning to seek a college or university presidency, vice presidency, or major deanship.
What participants are saying
This was an outstanding professional development opportunity. The size of the group allowed us to network personally and professionally over the course of the three days. The topics presented allowed great time for self-reflection, as well as hearing about the stories and experiences of others.
The content was engaging, relevant and exceptional. The networking opportunities within the cohort were also really strong.
- General Registration: ACE Member Institution: $2,300 | Non-ACE Member Institution: $2,600
If you are unsure whether your institution is an ACE member institution, please check the ACE Members & Associates Directory.
Registration includes breakfast, lunch, and materials. Participants are responsible for their hotel and travel expenses - discounted hotel rates available.
Emily Taylor Women's Leadership Scholarship
Emily Taylor was a longtime champion of women's causes and a former director of the Office of Women in Higher Education (OWHE) at the American Council of Education. In honor of her work, ACE will award support grants/scholarships to defray the cost of registration for the ACE National Women's Leadership Forums. For additional information on how to apply for a scholarship, please visit the event page for the forum you are interested in attending.