The National Women's Leadership Forum is a 3-day interactive program that fosters discussions with women presidents and executive search consultants who help participants develop effective search strategies. The program is conducted 2 times during the year: June and December.
- December 6-8, 2017: 90th National Women's Leadership Forum, Washington, DC
If you would like to be informed when registration opens, or would like more information on the program, please email ACELeadership@acenet.edu.
The forums focus on:
- Honing critical leadership skills in areas such as fundraising, risk management, and crisis response
- Media training
- Developing an effective search strategy
- Practical training, including mock video-taped interviews and CV/resume critiques
- Gaining a better understanding of the search process through candid conversations with search firm executives
- Contract negotiation
- Gaining a better understanding of the inherent rewards and challenges of a presidency through exposure to outstanding women leaders who share their experiences and serve as role models
Who should attend
Senior-level women administrators (typically at the dean’s level or above) planning to seek a college or university presidency, vice presidency, or major deanship.
- Early Bird Registration: ACE Member Institution: $1,850 | Non-ACE Member Institution: $2,100
- General Registration: ACE Member Institution: $1,950 | Non-ACE Member Institution: $2,200
If you are unsure whether your institution is an ACE member institution, please check the ACE Members & Associates Directory.
Registration includes breakfast, lunch, and materials. Participants are responsible for their hotel and travel expenses - discounted hotel rates available.
Emily Taylor Women's Leadership Scholarship
Emily Taylor was a longtime champion of women's causes and a former director of the Office of Women in Higher Education (OWHE) at the American Council of Education. In honor of her work, ACE will award support grants/scholarships to defray the cost of registration for the ACE National Women's Leadership Forums. For additional information on how to apply for a scholarship, please visit the event page for the forum you are interested in attending.