This 2-day workshop focuses on the chair not only as a unit leader but also as an academic leader in service to the institution and its mission.
- ACE Member Institution: $950 July | $1,000 October
- Non-ACE Member Institution: $1200 July | $1250 October
*Payment is due 2 weeks prior to the event.
The registration fee includes breakfast and lunch for both days and materials.
Team discounts are available for multiple registrations from the same institution. To receive the $50 discount on multiple registrations from a single institution: When completing the registration form, please select purchase order or check as your payment option, and contact Crystal Andrews at email@example.com to arrange for payment at the discounted rate. At that time, payment options need not be restricted to purchase order or check.
Description and Components
In addition to exploring best practices in leading departments in times of change, the Academy seeks to provide ongoing support and to foster collegial exchange over the course of the year following the face-to-face meeting. Academy participants will engage in case studies, table-top discussions, problem-solving exercises, role play exercises, and simulations on key leadership issues, department success, and contribution to the larger mission of the institution.
6:30 p.m. Pre-conference networking
7:30 a.m. Registration and sign-in open
5:00 p.m. First day’s programming ends
7:30 a.m. Regathering
4:30 p.m. Workshop ends
- Welcome and Setting the Stage
- What Does a Department Chair Do?
- Small Group Discussions: Department Chairs as Unit Leaders
- Critical Role of Chairs in Advancing the Academic Quality and Mission of the Institution
- Business Strategies That Can Help Chairs Lead and Departments Gain Perspective
- Small Group Discussions: Department Chairs as Institutional Citizens Advancing Institutional Goals
- Innovation for the Future
- Wrap Up: Leadership Development and Next Leadership Steps for Chairs
Who Should Attend
- Department chairs
- Division heads
- Program directors
- Unit leaders
Please continue to check this page for the announcement of the next workshop and/or send an email to EmergingLeaders@acenet.edu to be notified when information regarding the next workshop becomes available.