Thank you for your interest in the Advancing to the Presidency. This 2-day workshop is conducted 2 times during the year: April and October. Becoming a college or university CEO requires a keen understanding of oneself and the search process and a solid game plan for transition into the position. Designed specifically for senior administrators (typically Dean level or above) who will be seeking a presidency within the next 2 years.
April 24-25, 2017
- Hosted at the National Center for Higher Education in Washington, DC (Registration closes March 13, 2017)
If you would like to be informed when registration opens, or would like more information on the program, please email ACELeadership@acenet.edu.
7:15 a.m. Registration and sign-in open
6:30 p.m. First day's programming ends
7:30 p.m. Reception and Dinner
7:45 a.m. Re-gathering
4:30 p.m. Workshop ends
- Developing an Effective Presidential Search Strategy
- Practical Training, Including Mock Video-Taped Interviews and CV/Resume Critiques
- Gain a Better Understanding of the Search Process Through Candid Conversations with Search Firm Executives
- Contract Negotiation
- Transition Successfully Into a Presidency
- Presidential Leadership
Who is Eligible to Apply
Senior level administrators (typically at the Dean’s level or above) planning to seek a presidency within the next 2 years. ACE will select individuals who represent diverse backgrounds and hold senior executive positions across all different institutional types.
General Registration: ACE Member Institution: $2400 | Non-ACE Member Institution: $2,900 (Registration closes March 13, 2017)
Registration includes breakfast, lunch, and materials. Participants are responsible for their hotel and travel expenses.
Those who would not otherwise be able to attend, may request partial scholarships by emailing ACELeadership@acenet.edu.
Advancing to the Presidency is supported by a generous contribution from Fidelity Investments.