The ACE Institute for New Presidents consists of two in-person meetings that are highly participatory, incorporating interactive panels with experienced presidents and other experts, mini-case studies presented by program participants, conversations with peers from a range of institutions, and briefings by national experts. Sessions are facilitated by experienced and highly successful presidents and thought leaders. Our goal is to identify topics and issues of immediate concern to new presidents and provide the means to address them.
Institute for New Presidents Class of 2017 (Registration closed)
Session One March 10-11, 2017 - Washington, DC | Click here for more details.
Session Two July 25-27, 2017 - Washington, DC
If you would like to be informed when registration opens, or would like more information on the program, please email ACELeadership@acenet.edu.
The Institute provides new presidents with:
- Insights and lessons about the leadership challenges faced by new presidents.
- Knowledge and skills for dealings with high-visibility, high-exposure, and unexpected challenges and opportunities.
- Practical advice on working effectively with the media.
- Increased understanding of how to assess and manage campus culture and change processes.
- Practical advice on how to form and manage a highly effective executive team.
- An extended professional network of fellow presidents from a cross-section of institutions.
- A low-risk setting to test ideas.
Who should attend
Presidents within their first three years of service.
ACE Member Institution: $5,000 | Non-ACE Member Institution: $6,000
If you are unsure whether your institution is an ACE member institution, please check the ACE Members & Associates Directory.
Registration includes breakfast, lunch, and materials. Participants are responsible for their hotel and travel expenses - discounted hotel rates available for attendees registered for workshop.
The ACE Institute for New Presidents is supported by a generous contribution from Fidelity Investments.