Designed specifically for presidents within their first 2 years of service, the ACE Institute for New Presidents is a 9 month program consisting of 3 in person meetings (July, December, and March) complemented by a series of virtual activities, including webinars, held during the intervening months. Each convening is highly participatory, incorporating interactive panels with experienced presidents and other experts, mini-case studies presented by program participants, conversations with peers from a range of institutions, and briefings by national experts. Sessions are facilitated by experienced and highly successful presidents and thought leaders. Our goal is to identify topics and issues of immediate concern to new presidents and provide the means to address them.
We encourage presidents from all intuitional types to apply. Meeting agendas are available upon request.
About the Institute
The ACE Institute for New Presidents provides new presidents with:
- Insights and lessons about the leadership challenges faced by new presidents.
- Knowledge and skills for dealings with high-visibility, high-exposure, and unexpected challenges and opportunities.
- Practical advice on working effectively with the media.
- Increased understanding of how to assess and manage campus culture and change processes.
- Practical advice on how to form and manage a highly effective executive team.
- An extended professional network of fellow presidents from a cross-section of institutions.
- A low-risk setting to test ideas.
2013-2014 Institute Dates
- July 24-26, 2013 at the W Chicago Lakeshore Hotel, Chicago, IL
- December 2-3, 2013 at the Westin Alexandria Hotel in Alexandria, VA
- March 7-8, 2014 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, CA
What: Practical executive leadership development for presidents in their first 2 years of service.
When: The Institute meets 3 times during a 9 month period (July-March). Several webinars and virtual activities will be offered during the intervening months.
Cost: ACE Members: $6,275; Non-Members: $7,825. Participants are responsible for their travel and lodging expenses.
For additional information about the ACE Institute for New Presidents please email Diana Cordova, Vice President for Leadership Programs at ExecutiveLeadership@acenet.edu or call 202-939-9728.
The ACE Institute for New Presidents is supported by a generous contribution from Fidelity Investments.