In addition to the application of ACE credit recommendations for military or corporate training to a postsecondary degree program, award winners must demonstrate:
- Continued success in academic, professional, personal and community endeavors.
- Extraordinary achievement in his or her community or workplace while successfully balancing the demands of family, career and education.
- Inspiration to others in setting high educational goals.
Nominees for the award were required to complete the Student of the Year Application, submit a 300-word essay and a letter of support from a faculty member, academic advisor, or employer no later than December 15, 2017. A panel of judges convened to review the nominee profiles, along with the supporting documentation, and selected the winner of the award.
The Student of the Year receives a check from ACE for $1,000 which will be presented to the award recipient at the ACE Annual Conference in March.
For more information, please contact ACE us at email@example.com or 866-205-6267 (toll free).
About the Student of the Year Program
The Student of the Year program (formerly the ACE Adult Learner of the Year program) was initiated in 1999 to coincide with the 25th anniversary of ACE’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) and to begin a national award that would embody the best attributes of ACE CREDIT’s hundreds of thousands of adult learners.
Each year since, ACE has solicited nominations of adult learners who have used ACE’s college credit recommendations for one or more of the following reasons:
- Begin coursework at a college or university
- Complete an academic degree
- Advance in a career
- Transition into a new career
In 2013, ACE expanded the award to include the academic and professional accomplishments of military service members and veterans.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org