ACE and 16 other higher education associations sent this letter to the House of Representatives to express strong support for the Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act and Continuing Appropriations Act of 2019 (H.R. 6157), particularly the funding for student aid and research included in the bill.
The letter lauds the $2 billion increase over FY 2018 for the National Institutes of Health, the increase of $100 to the maximum Pell Grant award, and the $50 million in new funding for the TRIO programs and $10 million in new funding for the GEAR UP program.
In addition to ACE, the following associations signed on to the letter:
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of Community Colleges
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of American Universities
- Association of Community College Trustees
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council of Graduate Schools
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- NASPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Council for Community and Education Partnerships
- United Negro College Fund, Inc.