Sent to the House Judiciary Committee to communicate the views of the higher education community on The Innovation Act (H.R. 3309). The groups endorsing the statement strongly support the goal of H.R. 3309 to reduce abusive patent litigation but outline a series of concerns about the overly broad scope of some provisions.
Along with ACE, associations signing the statement include:
- Association of American Universities
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Council on Governmental Relations