Letter to Sens. Harry Reid (D-NV), Tom Harkin (D-IA), Jack Reed (D-RI) and Patty Murray (D-WA) on the Student Loan Affordability Act of 2013, which would prevent the interest rate on subsidized student loans from doubling from 3.4 to 6.8 percent on July 1, 2013.
As Congress considers legislative action on the student loan interest rate, the higher education community has a prepared a statement of key principles critical to the success and reliability of any such program. A copy of these principles is attached to the letter.
Along with ACE, associations signing the letter include:
- American Association of Community Colleges
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of American Universities
- Association of Community College Trustees
- Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities