ACE and five other higher education associations sent this letter to Johnny Isakson (R-GA), chair of the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs, and Ranking Member Jon Tester (D-MT) in support of the Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2017 (S. 1598). This comprehensive, bipartisan legislation would strengthen and expand educational benefits for veterans and their families, while ensuring that veterans and family members are able to access those benefits for a longer period of time. The House passed the bill on July 24.
Along with ACE, associations signing the letter include:
- American Association of Community Colleges
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of American Universities
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities