Letter to the House in support of a bill (H.R. 4619) to permanently extend the Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Charitable Rollover, which expired at the end of 2013. The measure was part of a package of five tax bills on charitable giving that make up the Fighting Hunger Incentive Act of 2014 (H.R. 4719).
The IRA provision permits individuals age 70½ and older to donate up to $100,000 from their IRAs and Roth IRAs to public nonprofits, including colleges and universities, without having to count the distributions as taxable income.
- American Association of Community Colleges
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of American Universities
- Association of Governing Boards
- Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- College and University Professional Association for Human Resources
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities