Letter to Higher Ed for Higher Standards in support of the implementation of rigorous K-12 state academic standards.
The letter says that the undersigned organizations strongly support the collaborative and effective implementation of rigorous K-12 state academic standards, including but not limited to the Common Core State Standards, which are designed to ensure that students graduate high school with the reading and mathematics skills and critical thinking ability needed to competently perform college-level work or succeed in their chosen career.
Along with ACE, associations signing the letter were:
- ACT, Inc.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of Community Colleges
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- American Dental Education Association
- APPA, “Leadership in Educational Facilities”
- Association of American Colleges & Universities
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Association of American Universities
- Association of Community College Trustees
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges
- Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- NASPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- National Association for College Admission Counseling
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators