Letter from ACE and 20 other higher education associations to Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Dick Durbin (D-IL) in support of the Bar Removal of Individuals Who Dream and Grow Our Economy (BRIDGE) Act (S. 128).
The bill would provide temporary relief from deportation and employment authorization for recipients of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status and DACA-eligible individuals.
The DACA program, established in 2012 under President Obama via executive action, permits young undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children and meet certain other criteria to stay for two years at a time without fear of deportation and to obtain work permits.
Along with ACE, associations signing the letter include:
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of Community Colleges
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of American Universities
- Association of Community College Trustees
- Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Council for Opportunity in Education
- Council of Graduate Schools
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Council for Community and Education Partnerships