Comments from ACE and 12 other higher education associations to the Department of Justice (DoJ) on the Supplemental Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (SANPRM) on web accessibility at state and local government entities.
DoJ is considering revising the regulation implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act to establish specific technical requirements to make accessible the services, programs, and activities state and local governments offer to the public via the internet.
In addition to ACE, associations signing the comments include:
- American Association of Community Colleges
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of American Universities
- Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- NASPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities