In response to a request from the leaders of the House Committee on Education and the Workforce, ACE and a group of 39 leading higher education associations have submitted suggestions for rewriting the Higher Education Act.
This document summarizes the groups’ initial thoughts on the issues that should play a prominent role in the reauthorization process, including:
- College access, persistence and completion;
- Better information for consumers;
- Student loan programs;
- Accreditation and appropriate oversight;
- College affordability and cost reduction;
- Innovation to benefit students;
- Federal regulatory burden; and
- Special focus programs.