In October 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit overturned a lower court ruling in the case Oregon State University (OSU) Student Alliance v. Ray. The lower court had dismissed a complaint brought by a group of students after their newspaper distribution bins were removed after the OSU director of facilities determined they violated the institution’s bin location policy. This amicus brief supports OSU’s request to the U.S. Supreme Court to review the case.
Along with ACE, associations signing the brief include:
- American Association of Community Colleges
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of American Universities
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities