ACE and a group of higher education associations filed this amicus brief in the case Glatt v. Fox Searchlight Pictures, Inc., which deals with the legality of unpaid internships.
The ACE brief does not support either party but instead stresses the increasingly vital role internships and cooperative education play in postsecondary education.
Along with ACE, higher education groups signing the brief include:
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- American Association of Community Colleges
- College and University Professional Association for Human Resources
- NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education