American College Application Campaign®
Dates for the 2014 American College Application Campaign will be selected soon and made available here. The 2013 American College Application Campaign was held November 11-15. However, the College Application program implementation dates can vary by state in order to meet the needs of the state. When available, and as provided by the state, the dates for each state's ACAC program are included on their state profile page. State profile pages can be viewed on the ACAC Main Page by clicking on the state.
Each year, the American College Application Campaign team coordinates a national convening. The goals of the national convening are to:
- Provide a collaborative, discussion-driven opportunity for experienced and new states to share and learn effective practices and strategies for implementing a College Application Campaign program.
- Provide the tools and guidance necessary for new states to immediately begin planning for the implementation of a successful fall College Application Campaign pilot program in their state.
- Educate states on the resources, training, and guidance ACAC can provide as each state implements the initiative.
The 2013 ACAC National Convening was hosted May 15th in Indianapolis, IN. Each ACAC state was invited to send one representative to the convening. A second National Convening was hosted at ACE in Washington, DC on August 1st for those states unable to attend the May convening. Dates for the 2014 national convening will be announced here once determined. If you have questions about the National ACAC Convening, please contact ACAC at email@example.com.
Trainings and Webinars
The ACAC team is available to provide technical assistance to your state as you convene your state’s College Application event steering committee, train your high school site coordinators, and work through the various logistics necessary to implement a successful program. These can be done in-person, through webinars, and/or during a conference call. Please contact the ACAC team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance your state may need.
In order to inform opinion leaders and college access practitioners, the ACAC team presents regularly at national, regional, and state conferences. If you are hosting a conference and would like to include a plenary or breakout session on the Campaign, contact us at email@example.com. The following meetings have included or will include sessions focused on the Campaign:
- SREB's Go Alliance (Atlanta, GA, 2011)
- WICHE (Webinar, 2011)
- SHEEO Annual Meeting (Seattle, WA, 2012)
- Annual Conference on the First Year Experience and Students in Transition (San Antonio, Texas, 2012)
- NCCEP Annual Conference (Washington, DC, 2012)
- NCAN Annual Conference (Las Vegas, NV, 2012)
- GEAR UP West (Seattle, WA, 2012)
- NCCEP Capacity Building Workshop (Las Vegas, NV, 2013)
- Western North Carolina College Access Conference (Boone, NC, 2013)
- Washington College Access Conference (Bellingham, WA, 2013)
- College Access Challenge Grant Spring Meeting (Washington, DC, 2013)
- National College Advising Corps State Program Directors' Retreat (Kansas City, MO, 2013)
- College Board's National Office for School Counselor Advocacy (NOSCA) (Webinar, 2013)
- NCCEP Capacity Building Workshop (Orlando, FL, 2014)
- AACRAO Annual Meeting (Denver, CO, 2014)
- United States Department of Education Affinity Group (Webinar, 2014)