American College Application Campaign®
This year, the American College Application Campaign will kick off the national efforts with a #WhyApply Day on Friday, September 21, 2018. We encourage everyone to share on social media why it's important to apply to college. Though most states host events in October and November, program implementation dates vary by state in order to meet the needs of the state. When available, and as provided by the state, the dates for each state's ACAC program are included on their state profile page. State profile pages can be viewed on the ACAC Main Page by clicking on the state.
Save the Date: Webinars
August 21, 2018 at 1:00 pm EDT
Why Host an American College Application Campaign
September 6, 2018 at 1:00 pm EDT
Implementing #WhyApply Social Media Strategies Into Your College Application Campaign
We regularly host Twitter chats about the college-going process.
Each year, the American College Application Campaign team coordinates a national convening. The goals of the national convening are to:
- Provide a collaborative, discussion-driven opportunity for ACAC state coordinators to share and learn effective practices and strategies for implementing a College Application Campaign program.
- Educate states on the resources, training, and guidance ACAC can provide as each state implements the initiative.
The 2018 National ACAC Convening took place at ACE in Washington, DC on July 19-20 through the generous support of ACT and Hearst Foundations. ACAC representatives from all 50 states and the District of Columbia were invited to attend the convening and along with a number of our national partners. If you have questions about the national ACAC Convening, please contact ACAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials from the 2018 National ACAC Convening.
Trainings and Webinars
The ACAC team is available to provide technical assistance to your state as you convene your state’s College Application event steering committee, train your high school site coordinators, and work through the various logistics necessary to implement a successful program. These can be done in-person, through webinars, and/or during a conference call. Please contact the ACAC team at email@example.com for any assistance your state may need.
In order to inform opinion leaders and college access practitioners, the ACAC team presents regularly at national, regional, and state conferences. If you are hosting a conference and would like to include a plenary or breakout session on the Campaign, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following meetings have included or will include sessions focused on the Campaign:
- SREB's Go Alliance (Atlanta, GA, 2011)
- WICHE (Webinar, 2011)
- SHEEO Annual Meeting (Seattle, WA, 2012)
- Annual Conference on the First Year Experience and Students in Transition (San Antonio, Texas, 2012)
- NCCEP Annual Conference (Washington, DC, 2012)
- NCAN Annual Conference (Las Vegas, NV, 2012)
- GEAR UP West (Seattle, WA, 2012)
- NCCEP Capacity Building Workshop (Las Vegas, NV, 2013)
- Western North Carolina College Access Conference (Boone, NC, 2013)
- Washington College Access Conference (Bellingham, WA, 2013)
- College Access Challenge Grant Spring Meeting (Washington, DC, 2013)
- National College Advising Corps State Program Directors' Retreat (Kansas City, MO, 2013)
- College Board's National Office for School Counselor Advocacy (NOSCA) (Webinar, 2013)
- NCCEP Capacity Building Workshop (Orlando, FL, 2014)
- AACRAO Annual Meeting (Denver, CO, 2014)
- United States Department of Education Affinity Group (Webinar, 2014)
- College Board Historically Black Colleges and Universities Conference (Atlanta, GA, 2014)
- Western North Carolina College Access Summit (Boone, NC, 2014)
- Appalachian Higher Education Network Conference (Asheville, NC, 2014)
- Eastern Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (Newport, RI, 2015)
- National Council of Higher Education Resources (Savannah, GA, 2015)
- AVID National Conference (Dallas, TX, 2016)
- College Board Western Regional Forum (Costa Mesa, CA, 2017)
- ACE Annual Meeting (Washington, DC, 2017)
- Common Application Member Summit (Reston, VA 2017)
- ACT Enrollment Planners Conference (Chicago, IL 2017)
- New England Association for College Admission Counseling (Keene, NH, 2017)
- American School Counselor Association Conference (Denver, CO, 2017)
- National College Access Network Conference (San Diego, CA, 2017)
- NAF Conference (Washington, DC, 2018)