This 3-day leadership program is for mid-level women administrators (typically department chairs, directors, assistant/associate deans and provosts) with high potential for advancement in higher education administration. The interactive program, typically held on campuses across the country, provides emerging women leaders with the opportunity to:
- Hone their leadership skills in critical areas such as fundraising, risk management, crisis response and strategic planning;
- Receive practical training, including curriculum vitae/résumé critiques and mock interviews;
- Reflect on career next steps;
- Gain a better understanding of the search process for senior-level positions through candid conversations with search firm executives; and
- Gain a better understanding of the inherent rewards and challenges of senior-level administrative positions, including the college or university presidency, through exposure to outstanding women leaders who share their experiences and serve as role models.
Who is Eligible to Apply or be Nominated?
Women administrators serving in mid-level positions (department chairs and above) who aspire to senior-level positions are eligible to participate. The Inclusive Excellence Group will issue “Calls for Nominations” throughout the year. Once a nomination is received, the nominee will be contacted and invited to participate in the program. In addition, interested women administrators may apply directly for consideration to attend the program by completing a brief application form.
Practical leadership development program for women administrators serving in mid-level positions (department chairs and above) who aspire to senior-level positions.
For additional information, please send an email to WomensLeadershipForums@acenet.edu or call 202-939-9390.