Increasingly, students are pursuing postsecondary credentials in a variety of institutional and extra-institutional settings. With the emphasis on student learning wherever and however it takes place, many institutions have responded with the development of robust CPL programs. Institutions have multiple considerations to take into account when developing policies and practices for the transfer and award of credit for extra-institutional learning. Accreditation is one of those considerations.
In this one-hour webinar, meet several regional accrediting body representatives and get their perspective on how regional accrediting bodies view credit for prior learning, guide and advise institutions on policy and practice implementation, and support efforts to create quality assessment programs.
Five things you will learn about:
- CPL Policy, Practice and Process: Today’s Landscape
- Current Accreditation Guidelines for CPL Policy and Practice
- Ways in which accrediting bodies are collaborating and supporting institutional efforts
- Tools for reviewing and assessing your current CPL policy and practices
- Future challenges to address
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Institutional administrators, deans, chairs, program directors, faculty, advisors, and accreditation liaison officers.